I was not going to post today, but I’ve just come across an article about being Hungarian, and how you know you’re Hungarian. I find the article very funny and it’s so true, that I thought I’d share it with you.
“You know you’re Hungarian when…
1. you know the phrase “three is the Hungarian truth”
2. you can swear for 5 minutes straight, with one breath, not using the same word, ever
3. you never heard anybody say anything positive about politics
4. you don’t know at least half of the people at family celebrations
5. you love Túró Rudi but can’t really explain to foreigners what the hell it is until they try it
6. for every meaning there are about 5 words
7. you have at least one relative who’s named Attila.
Or József. Or János. Or László. Or István.
8. zou cant tzpe on and English kezboard because y and z are mixed up
9. any foreigner’s passing mention of Transylvania will set off
a twenty-minute rant about the Treaty of Trianon
10. you, being a girl, smell like a mixture of 20 different perfumes on Easter Monday
11. you, being a boy, run around with your mother’s old perfumes to earn more red Easter eggs on Easter Monday
12. you love Mákos Guba but you can’t explain what MÁK is, neither GUBA to anyone… and if you finally can, everyone thinks that you’re some kind of weirdo for eating that
13. you know your Name Day!
14.you call a 79 km long lake (the Balaton) the Hungarian Sea. And you are able to swim across it!
15.Santa brings you presents on the 6th of December and not at Christmas
16. you know how to open a bottle of wine with only a screw and a pair of pliers
17.you call the triagle shaped cheese that comes in a circle shaped box a cheese cube
18.you know how to tell the age of an apple
19.you think that a glass of ‘pálinka’ or ‘forralt bor’ is better than medicine
20. you can say “megszentségteleníthetetlenségeskedéseitekért”
– See more at: http://dailynewshungary.com/you-know-youre-hu
It’s very short post since as I mentioned I wasn’t going to post today, but I hope you’ve learnt something new about Hungarians today. :) Thanks for being here! See you soon!